Monday, November 22, 2010

On the Desk: Pioneer SX-1280

So I've had this beast for quite sometime and decided to dust it off and give it a listen. Dirty switches aside, it sounded quite good. Later today the FM tuner just stopped working. Signal meters still function but no sound. I can still listen to anything else plugged in but it's probably best to leave this unplugged this until it's serviced. My heart sank since I know this will be a tricky job. A bad ending to a even worse couple days off.

Here's a web photo I found that shows this off in a better perspective:


This looks like it could be too big of a project for me, and since it's not a total POS, it deserves better attention then I can give it. But you never know.

4 comments:

  1. you better hope it isn't one of the hard to find Ic chips. That's what it sounds like...try taking fm muting off or hit multipath and see if there is any sound

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there and thank you. When the multipath is pressed I do get tuning back although not good sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a SX1280 with the same issue. Did you ever found out what the problem was? It would really help me out a lot! Thanks

    ReplyDelete