Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Morel MDT33 & MW164 Project

This is something I had started back in the late 90's/ early 2000's. So yeah it's been a hell of a long time coming. Originally I had attempted to construct a crossover with the assistance of CALSOD and speaker-workshop. Although my early calibrations were pretty good, my ability to test frequency response data was terrible and mostly non present. Needless to say my first xover was horrid, and I ended up fussing around with the tweeter by ear. These sound promising, but this 6" is really appropriate as a midrange since the xmax on these is very low. I'd love to have a 3rd driver for bass - time will tell. I'm going to give Madisound a shot at the xovers this time around and see how it goes. These have had some really promising sound, I can't wait to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment